Out of Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

PZEROFGH

Golden Master
Well I'm trying to get into my old computer, but after the Windows XP loading screen, the monitor will just say out of frequency and soon go into power save mode. I tried two monitors and no luck. So how am i supposed to go into windows and change the frequency so i can see it on the monitor lol

I would use Knoppix (Linux) Live CD. It installs automatically (right settings).

You most likely need to unistall the graphic drivers and reinstall them which is pretty hard when you can't see what your doing.

Try safemode (F8 at windows boot)

Re:

Hello,

If you can't boot into Windows because of incompatible display resolutions or frequencies causing no display, you need to boot using VGA Mode...

F8 before Windows XP loads, to display boot options...

...No need to boot into safe mode to restore display to basic default settings. Shouldn't need to uninstall graphic drivers either.

Instead, simply select to and boot the option Enable VGA Mode. Windows XP should load and when the desktop appears, it should be in VGA resolution of 640x480 and at a lower refresh rate.

The 'Enable VGA Option' in the Windows XP Safe Mode boot options is made available for occurances such as this. It sets your display to basic res and refresh rates.

Now you can change your display settings to the correct resolution and refresh rate which your monitor is compatible with. Your display is restored.

Make sure you check to make the system only display compatible refresh rates. Otherwise, you'll be doing this all again.

thebleakness said:
When booting, push F8 and select "last known good configuration". I had a similar problem once.

Tried that didnt work, I'll try booting into safe mode

VGA mode worked thanks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom