OS freezes shortly after boot - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Old 07-13-2016, 02:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default OS freezes shortly after boot

What it do guys!
So I'll try to just to the point here. I recently just bought a new case for my pc and I transferred all the components from my old rig to this new one last night. I've been doing this stuff for a while so I got everything done relatively quickly and easy. However now when I boot up windows 10 it locks up like, a minute or 2 after booting.
Bios runs normally, and everything seems to be plugged in. Any ideas?

Here's all the **** I'm rockin:
Case: In Win 303
Mobo: msi 970a-G46
Ram: 8gb VengeanceLP
Cpu: 4ghz 6core amd (I don't remember the model)
Gpu: 6gb evga gtx 980ti
Storage: 1 Scandisk ssd 128g and 2 other normal *** hard drives. One's 1t and the other is 3t.
Psu: big af. 1000w. Too lazy to look for a name on it

Any help would be dope

Fuhrmanater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 11:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Private Joker
Default Re: OS freezes shortly after boot

Firstly would suggest running a chkdsk on your drives.

If possible, only hook up your OS drive and see if you still get boot issues.

Laptop: MSI GT70 2OC-059us | i7-4700MQ | 16GB | GTX 770m | 500GB SSD / 750GB HDD | 17.3" | Win10 Pro
Desktop: 4690k | 12GB g.Skill RipJaws | GTX 970 | 520hx | Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance C70 | Corsair H110 | Acer 25" | Acer 22" | Win10
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Note 5

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 12:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE

Does it look up before you get to the desktop (during the windows boot)? Or after you login?
"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
S0ULphIRE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 12:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Update: I've unplugged all the other hard drives except for the ssd. Same problem. I decided that maybe windows is just corrupt, so reinstalling the OS completely might help. Now for whatever reason the computer is in a reboot loop. It will show the windows screen installing the OS with a number like 68% or something like that, then it just reboots. So now the problem evolved lol
Fuhrmanater is offline   Reply With Quote