ordered a card reader - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 03-18-2009, 12:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to robina_80
Default ordered a card reader

ive just ordered an internal card reader heres the link

3.5" Akasa Internal Multi Card Reader, Support M2, Micro SD, Simm Card + Smart Card- microdirect.co.uk

and im pretty sure it doesnt take XD cards am i right but at the spec details it says "Extreme Digital (X card, Type H, Type M) is that XD?

Old 03-19-2009, 10:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to robina_80
Default Re: ordered a card reader

good news it arrived today and ive tried all the cards ive got at home and they all work with the card reader, apart from the SIM reader for some reason when i insert a sim card into the sim slot and when i open the sim edit software which was supplied with the cd, it cant read my sim card also all the boxes are all greyed out?

EDIT its all sorted, it wasnt showing in device manager thast why, all the other portable devices were eg sd slot compact flash ms but not the smart card reader or sim card one, so all i did was refresh for any hardware changes and after it installed the smart card reader i then clicked on the sim program and it read my sim card
Closed Thread