optical mouse playing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
hi guys
basically my optical mouse isnt working right its slow and not responsive since i cleaned my desk with wet tissue, my desks dry now but its still slow when i play games it sucks.
you think i should get laser mouse?!

Do you have a Opticle mouse mat surface avaliable? As the surface you are on may not have enough texture detail of the tiny camera to see the change.

Failing that, do you have a teflon frypan?

i don't think it has to do with the color of the desk, but rather the finish used. if it's shiny, then i think there will be problems, but not just what color the desk is.

yoshiemaster said:
i don't think it has to do with the color of the desk, but rather the finish used. if it's shiny, then i think there will be problems, but not just what color the desk is.

well, mine doesn't work on black or white, or shiny stuff

Re:

cloud said:
i thought optical and laser mouse is the same thing?

Hello,

...nope alot of peeps think this...but optical mice use a red LED, which is in the visible light spectrum of electromagnetic waves. It's not a laser.

Laser mice don't use LEDs but a laser. Because lasers are more coherant, they have a higher precision.

robina_80 said:
hi guys
basically my optical mouse isnt working right its slow and not responsive since i cleaned my desk with wet tissue, my desks dry now but its still slow when i play games it sucks.
you think i should get laser mouse?!

Try cleaning the plastic LED lens and CMOS sensor on the underside of your mouse using a lightly damped cotton swab, to remove and residue or dust. Then use a dry cotton swab to remove dry it.

If you find it inaccessible on the underside, try unscrewing the mouse, lifting the printed circuit board then removing and cleaning the plastic lens, CMOS sensor and LED.

Trifid said:
My MX518 works great on a matt black DKT mouse mat.

well maybe it really isnt just the color, but rather the finish. does anyone have a white matt finish mouse pad with an optical mouse so we can test this theory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom