Optical Drive Failing

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kraut

In Runtime
Recently i needed a burner and i didnt have much money so i bought a cheap Micro Advantage Cd-RW drive. It worked great for a while, it would read and burn. Then when i tried to burn a cd or cd-rw it would go through the entire burning process. I would then take the cd and try it but it would be completly empty. I would then put back in the drive to reburn and it would either say that it was empty or full, either one. It will now read cd-rws and thats all. I am currently using an older drive thats veeery slow. I tried nero and roxio but neither works. thanks for the help.

Im guessing the question would be is there any way to fix it?

But uh, not really if the drive no longer burns then its time for a new drive.

I guess you could try updating the drivers and or program you use, but theres nothing physical you can do to repair/fix it.

Yeah, im sorry if i confused you but i was wondrering if there is some way of bringing it back so that it would work without a buying a new one.

People still use dial up? :D Well are you sure it's the burner, because I've had bad CDs that would look as if they burned successfully, but there would be nothing on them, have you tried different CDs?

First thing u should do , to update ur firmware -and plz read the instructions b4 performing this process - coz if done in a faulty way it might render ur burner useless.

I know many ppl that had problems in recognizing some media through thier CD-R or DVD-R and that were solved by updating the firmware , coz it extends the ability of the drive to recognize more media.

also try to get some good quality media and see if they solve the problem.

Yeah people still have dial-up:( (hopefully not for long though)

ive tried using different brands including maxell, memorex, hp, verbatim and none work. So the reason it will not read anything but cd-rws could be the firmware. I am trying it but it freezes after 30% of the download:angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom