Opereating system not found, help fix plz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitrofreak06

Solid State Member
Well i have a gateway 2000 solo model no: SOLO 2100. OK what my problem is im having hard drive problems. About 4 years ago i pulled out the hd with out fulling turning off the laptop. and well it hasnt been working ever sense. And what i want to know is can this be easly fixed? could i possibly get a faster cpu, more ram? for this model im not an expert on laptops so i don't know whats the most i can do to this kind of laptop. oh one more thing, are all laptop hard drives like the one i have in this laptop 2.5"? Thanks

You probably going to have to reformat and reinstall Windows. Also, older laptops can have their CPUs changed. You could try to upgrade the ram but its better to save and buy a new computer.

ok, so i can still get this 'ole computer working again? casue i while back some one said that i ruined it. could you give me a link or something to reformat it again? oh yeah i only have a floppy drive on it.

Most of the hard drives they sell at new egg are 2.5 inches, as for you're pc i really wouldn't spend more than 50 bucks on it. Just save up for a couple of months for a new one, if it only has a floppy drive and you dot have a copy of w/e windows you're running its going to be a money pit.

133mhz to be exact lol, any way i can't get the bios to find the dang hard drive any ways. guess i fried it =p oh well. maybe i can do something with the parts lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom