Operating System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Video Card issue

95C on a GT220 sounds about right for when playing games, but if it's idle then that is absurdly hot and you should definitely dust it.

Re: Video Card issue

I'm merging this Thread with your old Thread where we were already discussing this problem. Your asking the same question and now were all just telling you the same thing again. You've managed to waste 30 minutes of my time.

Has your computer ever glitched and said

nvlddmkm.sys stopped responding and has recovered

When nvlddmkm.sys stops and doesn't recover it will BSOD with the STOP*** 0x00000116 error code.

This means something is unstable and the weakest link in the system is crashing, the video driver (and ATI users have this problem also). While it could very well be your video card running hot, or worse, running to hot for to long. I have read to many threads from people who have said they fixed this error by replacing different components. It seems that your cpu, memory, mobo, network adapter, etc... or it's corresponding driver can cause the video driver to crap out in certain situations.

In my own personal experiences, it usually means my cpu overclock is unstable. But about a 1-1/2 or 2 years ago I was getting this error a lot and it was the Realtek Network Adapter driver causing a conflict with the video driver. I went to the Adapter in Device Manager and used the Roll Back Driver button (right click on adapter, select Properties, select Driver tab. If you don't see it then an older driver is not available) and it fixed the problem.

Go to Control Panel>System and Security>Windows Update. On the upper left side you should see a link to >View Update History. Looks and see if Windows Update has updated any drivers that date back to when this started happening. If it has you can try Rolling the Driver Back, if the driver doesn't fix the problem then you can just let Windows Update re-install the new one again.

If you find that it is a driver conflict and you don't want Windows Update to re-install the problem driver again you'll have to Disable Device Driver Updates. Go to Control Panel>System and Security>System> and select Advanced system settings from the upper left hand side of the screen. This brings up a new box, select the Hardware tab and you should see a button labeled Device Installation Settings. Select >No, let me choose what to do.

If Windows Update has recently updated your video driver, or if you updated the video driver, then the installation may not have copied over some of the files that were already loaded into memory. To fix this you should try checking out the Driversweeper guide MoM posted, here's a link.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f127/driversweeper-tutorial-243060/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom