Open Hardware Monitor is showing something in my PC is spiking to 100°C randomly

Dampel

Baseband Member
I was playing Overwatch when i noticed my framerate was chugging even tho the game was telling me i had 300 fps, Ive had this problem before and easily fixed by simply swapping to fullscreen but ive heard this can also happen when your PC overheats so i decided to check an app i have called Open Hardware Monitor and i noticed underneath my motherboard section that one of the temperatures is spiking like crazy, Its peaked at 125°C but it keeps changing between 50°C and 125°C very rapidly.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet - Image

Ive heard some apps that monitor temperatures and usage can display false information, Is this true? Ive tried using another one called HW Monitor and its displaying average temperatures so hopefully its just OHM displaying wrong information

Hopefully someone can help me as this is terrifying me, One last thing, Its one of the hottest days this year so far where im from so im sure my PC is hotter than usual but it shouldn't be enough to cause this, Its about 31°C here.

PC Specs
GTX 1080
I7-5820k @3.3ghz
49152MB Ram Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000
Asus Strix X99 Gaming Mobo
Corsair RMi Series 850W

Try other softwares to show temperatur if a few show the same thing u should have a look at ur cooling system.
In fact if the air is pushed in and not expulsed properly it may be stacking up the heat from the room adding to that the heatmade by the cpu/gpu
Try put a thermometre inside ur computer and check that. Simple test which will never lie. If ur temperature is above room temperature u have serious airflow issues.

Back
Top Bottom