Only left speaker works

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy345

In Runtime
I turned my comp on today and only my left speaker is working. My right one is making weird noises and not playing music or anything. I tried other speakers and headphones and the other audio port in the front and get the same problem. How can I fix this?:eek:

The ports in front is connected to the same sound card as the front.

Check for lose connection of the adapters on your sound card. If you have integrated sound, what better day to pick up a new sound card?;)

I did completely take apart my computer today so i could cut a hole in the back for a fan. Could the mobo's intergrated audio gotten hurt while it was just sitting on my desk?

OK, first you have to isolate the problem, if it is the computer or the speakers.
Try a set of headphones instead if speaker. If the headphone does the samething than you know that it is the computer.
If the head phones works just fine, than it is the speakers.

If speaker problem: Look if there is any lose connection.
If it is the computer: Go to sound properties and look if everything is set right. Try to connect the speaker on the front of the computer if you have a front port. Uninstall and resintall driver. Etc

I did everything u said. IT is a computer problem. I tried 2 pairs of speakers and 2 pairs of headphones on both audio ports. It is integrated audio. I did try to reinstall the driver and it did nothing.

hmmm.... if it is aplication problem, you sould be able to fix it by doing a system restore to the day when it was working. If it does not, might have to run a recovery.
If that does not fix it, than the sound card is fried.

I tried a recovery to yesterday when it worked and no luck ill try installing the sound drivers again.

Just reinstalled again and no luck. I think theirs soemthing wrong with it. Its like dead static air and pops that you hear out of the left speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom