only burns at 12x

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzimm86

In Runtime
I have a cd burner that is 24x10x40 but when i am in nero, i can only pick between 12x, 8x and 4.

edit
Also any time i set it to burn multiple copies, it comes back with an error that it can not burn the project.

edit
I just put in a different brand cd and this one can burn at 20x. The ones that i am using that burn at 12x say they are up to 52x compatible.

burners in general dont have 100% compatbiltiy among diffrent medias , each media have its code and a little chip in every burner (called firmware) stores various media codes+supported burning speeds for those for those. so the burning speed first thing depended on the drives firmware , you might get it to burn at a higher speed if youll update your firmware but might not either firmware updates are usally for 1year after the burner went out so its not so likely that it wll help in your case , anyway in general taiyo yuden medias are the best quality+have very high compatbility among drives. you can order em form www.rima.com or www.supermediastore.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom