Only A Blank Screen!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

elw1024

Beta member
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knew about this type of problem, I have searched other forums and talked to numerous tech guys with no success. So, here it is I was trying to update my drivers on my computer with some site driver doctor anyway that was probably my first mistake. So, in the middle of the download it cancels out and after that it is horrible. My computer will only start up flash the dell screen then the windows xp screen then total blackness nothing else. I can get into the system startup and the boot menu, when i try to put in a cd to reinstall windows it comes up with floppy diskette seek failure f1 or f2, then press f1 says selected boot device not avail. I have tried everything taking out hard drive putting it back and the same with the cd drive!! I really don't know what to do except possibley buy a new bios but I am not sure any ideas??????

BIOS is software you cannot buy a new one. When you say you get into the system startup menu what menu are you talking about? The Windows menu or the boot device menu?

boot startup not the windows-I wish and I thought there was like a little bios chip that was internal that you replaced

Alright do you know how to enter your BIOS and change your boot device sequence? If not post your motherboard model or if it is a prebuilt PC like Dell or HP post your model.

yes, i have entered bios many times and set it back to factory defaults also i have moved the drives around but i am not sure if it is recognizing my cd drive

The boot sequence says this:eek:nboard sata hard drive, usb device, onboard or usb cd-rom device, onbaord ide hard drive (not present), onboard or usb floppy drive (not present)

Well if you can take a picture of your screen in the BIOS and post it here I can tell you. If not you can list the drives your motherboard shows.

Also edit your previous post do not double post.

the model is dell desktop dimension E510

The drives are listed as follows:diskette drive(which i do not have), drive 0:sata-o, drive 1:Sata-2, drive 2:pata-0; drive 3 pata-1. sata operation

someone else posted what to do so if anyone else has this problem my computer is now working you press OK, let's try something. Let's see if we can find the onboard Dell Restore partition of your Hard Drive. Later we can worry about the BIOS settings.

Start the computer from a dead start and soon as you see that Dell splash screen (before Windows begins to load) hold CRTL + F11. That should get you nto the Dell recovery console.

Now assuming that works:

Quote:
In the Dell PC Restore by Symantec window, click Restore. Alternatively, press <Tab> to highlight Restore, and then press <Enter>.

When a warning message appears stating that all data will be lost, click Confirm, or press <Tab> to highlight Confirm and then press <Enter>.

The Progress window will appear. Once the restore process starts, Dell PC Restore by Symantec usually takes about 8 to 10 minutes to finish.

When the restore process is complete, the following message will appear:
The system recovery process was successful.

Click Finish or press <Tab> to highlight Finish and then press <Enter> to restart the computer.

The software is now installed as it was when the computer was first received.

Just remember that this method will restore the system to the way it was on DAY 1 from Dell. You will likely lose anything you have on the system.

Let me crawl around in my laptop (Dell) BIOS and I will see about boot sequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom