CORSAIR PC3200 512x2
Maxtor DiamondMax 10 6L200M0 200GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150
MSI NX6600GT-TD128E
D-Link WAN Adapter - PCI
DVD-RW drive
DVD drive
XP Home Ed. SP2

Here is my problem:
MSI 6600GT driver getting stuck in infinite loop.
While playing a game (any graphics intensive game), or running 3DMark2005, the screen will freeze for 10 seconds, but with sounds still going, then go blank, Then sometimes blue screen comes up with this error message:

nv4_disp

The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates a problem with the device its self or with the device driver programming hardware incorrectly.

After a restart of Windows XP, Microsoft online Crash Analysis displays the following information:

Error caused by NVIDIA Graphics Driver: No specific solution found

Problem Description

An unknown error occurred in NVIDIA Graphics Driver, created by NVIDIA® Corporation.

Problem Resolution

NVIDIA® Corporation is currently not aware of a specific solution for the problem that you reported. Below is a list of recommendations to take that may help prevent the problem from recurring.

* Download and install an updated NVIDIA Graphics Driver from one of the following locations:
o Windows Update
o NVIDIA® Corporation
* If an updated driver is not available, check with your computer manufacturer.
* If you are running the latest version of NVIDIA Graphics Driver, please contact NVIDIA® Corporation for your support options.

Microsoft Online Crash Analysis

I get this whether I have the card stock or OC'd. Now, I've contacted MSI tech support, and they suggested new drivers, I've tried every driver I can get my hands on, doing a clean install for each using driver cleaner. I've done a complete clean reinstall of windows. Then they suggested it was either a power supply issue or the card is defective. Well, I thought it might be a psu issue since I was still running the psu that came with the chassis that only had 15amps on the 12v rail. So I'm now running an enermax 460watt with 33amps on the 12v rail and I'm still getting the same problem.

So is this card a dud? Or am I lookin at another issue here?

Yeah I think I might do that on tuesday. Somestimes I can go for days running games and 3Dmark05 and not have a problem, other days I get that error every time I try anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom