Onboard VGA will NOT disable and PCI Express won't show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Mardy Bum

Beta member
Hello,

I have an issue with my PC's onboard VGA it will not disable even when I enter safe mode and disable it there.

Motherboard: ASROCK N68PV-GS (Nvidia Chipset)

Graphics card: ASUS EAH4350 Silent (ATI)

I am currently running XP Pro (SP3) and have tried many different options from googling this issue, I have a decent knowledge of PC's but I am no expert. I have the same issue on Vista, and on windows 7 the graphics card just seem to randomly alternate and I am forever changed the cable between the two cards.

I cannot get the system to recognize my graphics card and it will still run the onboard even after it's been disabled. I've made sure the BIOS primary adapter is PCI Express, I've tried reinstalling the PCI Express card more times than I care to remember.

So I throw myself at your feet and hope that someone here can help... Please help!!

I know the card I am installing isn't the greatest but it's much better than the Nvidia onboard and would really like to have this running as it will at least allow me to play most recent games.

Other info:

AMD Athlon 7750 Dual Core (Overclocked to 3 (instead of 2.7)
4GB ram.

Am I just wasting my time and these two components are just never going to play nicely together or is there something I have neglected to do?

All replies greatly appreciated, and any other information you want I will not hesitate to provide.

Best Wishes,

Danny

First thing, make sure your card is properly seated, turn on your pc and go into bios.
Switch it to pci-e x16 "secondary display", make sure that your onboard graphics card will not try to co-share memory with this ati card.
Save your settings in bios and reboot, make sure your vga or hdmi port is connected and you see your vga's bios display before your pc makes a full post.
After that visit: ATI Catalyst
Install these, once done do a final reboot and you should be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom