Onboard USB ports not recognizing game controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

MundoDragon

Baseband Member
Hello everyone,

I have just recently bought and installed a new motherboard and processor. Now, everything is up and running flawlessly in Windows 7 RC, except for one thing. I cant get the motherboard, which is a Gigabyte MA770-UD3 (rev.2.0), to recognize my XBOX 360 controller for Windows. I know the controller works, because I used it with my old mobo and Windows Vista 64-bit. Also, it works in my XBOX. The motherboard recognizes and operates my Logitech G15 keyboard and My Logitech USB mouse, just not the controller. I've tried the front and back ports. The back panels will not even acknowledge that I've plugged it in, while the front panel, while acknowledging that something was plugged in, says that it can't recognize the device, even though the drivers are installed correctly. If i plug the controller into a port on my G15 keyboard, Windows recognizes it, but states there is not enough power to operate it. Any suggestions or tips insolving this problem. Thanks.

using front side of usb connector, connect your device and restart the windows then its automatically detect or try to update latest drivers.

|Thanks for the reply, matt, but as you will notice above, the drivers are installed and up to date. Just as an update though, I think that the USB ports on the front may have a problem and in plugging in my controller, may have damaged it somehow, because now my XBox wont recognize it and I was just using it earlier today. (Actually, it will allow me to turn on the XBox with the controller and the ring light will come on for a sec, then it just fails, as if no controller is plugged in at all.) Also, if I plug my Logitech Dual Action in the rear USB ports on my computer, it is recognized and installed, however, plugging it into the front ports yields the same result as the XBOX controller...Cannot recognize the device or install the software and, since I first plugged the Xbox controller into the Front USB port, thats what makes me think it may have been somehow damaged before plugging it into the rear port. I'm going to get a new controller, but in the meantime, I'll poke around some more with this controller and see what I can find out. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd still be happy to hear them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom