Onboard Still Active? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 10:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie

Default Onboard Still Active?

I think the "other devices" is my onboard, and I think its causing problems on my pc. I have been experiencing lots of problems with FS2004 freezing up for 10-15 seconds and then returning to normal. I completely uninstalled the drivers for my onboard and everything then changed the bios setting and then installed card and drivers and that still shows up. I dont know what could be wrong but thanks for any and all help you guys can supply!

Old 09-26-2005, 11:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

Can anyone please shine a light on this subject? Is there any way I can disable my onboard physically? Thanks...

Old 09-27-2005, 12:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Law
Wizard Techie

Well yes, but there's no need to physcially disable it through the jumpers (assuming you have jumpers setting for onboard devices). Just disable it in BIOS is enough, you can't really uninstall it because it'll just return. The best solution is to disable it in BIOS, set agp as the primary video, and disable it in device manager.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie

So I assume its an intergrated video chipset? By your terminology thats what it would mean but if youre confused with the terms it could possibly be that you might have a VGA expansion card. Not trying to insult you but just checking cause im not sure how experienced you are.