Onboard sound with NO DRIVERS AVAILABLE!??!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevecash83

Beta member
Oh man, I've spent the last 5 nights trying to find a driver for this little PC's onboard sound and NEVER has it been this difficult! I can't find ANYTHING that works!

Its a clientpro MPC computer, just a P3 with 512MB ram stock all onboard, no cards. It seems to think that it needs a realtech AC/97 driver, but everytime I try to install I get a blue screen of death. I know a guy who has the EXACT computer as this and it has a SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio 5.121.3503 driver installed and the audio works perfectly. I downloaded that same driver but when I try to install it, it goes through all of the unpacking and installation then says "No driver found". No kidding, thats because you never installed it guys!!!

Yet every time I reboot the system it still tries to install the realtech driver, once again heading to the wonderful blue screen... I'm getting close to throwing this PC out just because I can't find a sound driver for it! Any suggestions?

BTW, I've tried all of the driver software tools (driveragent, driverinspector, etc) and they give no help at all.......

Alright try something like Belarc Advisor to see what sound device you have. That or Everest. That will give you more insite as to what sound device you have.

Also have you tried to go thru the Hardware Install Wizard to install the drivers?

Tried that. Everest shows Intel 8280 1DB ICH4 - AC/97 Audio Controller [A-1]

What the heck do I do with that?

That is RealTek for sure then. AC/97 is RealTek device names. Have to try and find the right drivers. What OS?

Wow, 399 drivers later, I finally found it. Thanks anyway. not realtek, a generic AC/97 driver that didnt crash my PC worked. Sheesh!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom