onboard audio FTL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
So this onboard audio has been really angering me.

Problem started after a move.

I have updated bios and audio drivers.

Has this happen to anyone else? There is nothing plugged into this black jack anymore.

The jacks I am using are Green and Pink. Stereo Speakers and a Mic.

This pops up frequently.

audioproblem.png

After it says an audio device is disconnected, HD audo panel shows this:

audio_problem_2.png

Then it will show this:

audio_problem_3.png

And that is when it returns to normal:

audio_problem_4.png

There is nothing plugged into the black jack. It would do this with my Razer Barracuda as well.

Is that Realtek? You have to reset the jacks, unplug everything and reinsert one by one, a window should pop up, asking you what device you are plugging in. I had this happen before.

Is that Realtek? You have to reset the jacks, unplug everything and reinsert one by one, a window should pop up, asking you what device you are plugging in. I had this happen before.

Yes, Realtek HD Audio.

I am confused on this method. I don't have headset anymore.

Please explain in more detail this audio jack reset proccess.

- Do I plug it in then unplug it? on each one?

I don't have enough devices to plug something into all 6 slots.

Unplug everything, restart, plug in the connections you want. When you plug in the speakers, do them one at a time. E.g. plug in the back speakers, look at your monitor and select which speakers you've plugged in.
Then do the next one, same thing.

Do what Soulphire said.

Just curious, are you satisfied with Gigabyte's onboard sound? I do not care for it at all. IMO, there is not enough options. I will take my soundblaster xtremegamer any day. To me there is a night and day difference.

I actually like the Realtek chip that my X58A-UD3R has, compared to all the other onboard sound I've used it is pretty good (both in terms of quality and features). It isn't a dedicated sound card by any means but the ability to remap port functionality is pretty cool (plug headphones into the mic port, use the front mic as a line-in, whatever).

The biggest issue I have with it is my front audio panel ports have an annoying buzzing noise. It only happens on the front, the rear ports are fine, it could be my wire management though.

SOULphIRE is right. I think he just broadened out what I said. But that is exactly what I meant. I was just in a hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom