omg i had a scare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poizen22

Camera junky
ok so i was instaling the drivers for my cell phone onto my computer, and the ocmop just restarted, i thought maybe it had something to do with my over clock, so as it booted back up i tried to get into the bios but the comp would just freeze at the gamer republic screen ( for the maximus formula) and wouldnt enter bios so i pressed the clear cmos button and then the system woudldnt even post, so i decided to take the computer to the kitchen table and do some work, i decided to try out the lcd poster, i pluged it in, was a litle dificult due to the tuniq being in the way, so i pluged it in and booted up and it said cpu ini failed. this was really helpfull as all i had to do was take my tuniq off and receat my cpu, i cleaned it off with rubing alchohol and a coffee filter, did the same with the tuniq. then i dired the chip off with some quick dry wet wipes and made sure there was no liquid on it what so ever, reaplied my ocz 5+ which is now empty :(
and put the tuniq back on. plug everything back up and it ran!!! no idea why it crashed in the first place, all i do know is the lcd poster was very usefull, i also decided to spend the time and aranged my wires while i was at it. my core is also runing 15 degress cooler now for soem odd reason, im thinking i had to much thermal paste before on it, im at 40, 39,40,42. much cooler then 55c and lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom