Old school Pavillion Probz

Status
Not open for further replies.

RakaDisciple

Beta member
Okay first of all Hello everyone this is my first post here. Well, I have my old HP pavillion 6646c with its AMD K6-2 500mhz processor well thats all good and stuff but I only have a windows 95 disk to put on there. Perhaps sum of u know that there is a problem with the AMD K6 that are over 350mhz running windows. (IOS device failure.) Well I downloaded an upgrade that was to fix it but the problem is that I cant get into windows to run the upgrade so..... yeah.I tried to run it in dos mode but it cant be run in dos which I figured. So I got this crazy idea... I have another pavillion with the same processor only its got 200mhz which is less than 350:) so I said "hey they're aboth socket 7 and i have a pin set in my newer hp for the fan. Maybe ill juat put it in. I cant find enough info on other threads mostly because they all assume you're trying to upgrade. but so yea if i could run windows with my little processor I could install the upgrade and out my good one back in. But i tried that and the computer wont give me anything on the screen when i turn it on. The lights come on and the processor fan is on and all looks well enough but the screen stays blank. IDK is this maybe a jumper problem?

If anyone can help me PLEASE.
TheDisciple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom