Old NEC Boot up Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

classvoid

Solid State Member
I have an old NEC that was working fine. It's been doing this thing again that it did before and I have no idea how to fix it. I assume it might be a common problem because I took it back to best buy a long time ago and they were like there isn't anything wrong with it. Well anyway it has a Pentium II 350 chip in with 2 kingston ram chips. When you turn it on, the bios won't come up it just stares at you with a blank screen. I know it's not the video card and the post just won't start. Any idea what this could be or how to fix it? I've been having it off and on for a while and can't seem to figure out what it is. The hard drive will turn on and everything but no boot up beep and it stops before starting the bios up? Thanks in advance.

It won't do anything. I know the video card works fine. It won't boot to the post. You know like the screen just led flickers like it's not getting a signal. I think it could be something loose on the motherboard somewhere but no idea what. I checked the ram chips the power cables everything confusing... The monitor works too because I'm using it on everything else.

Check you have everything connected properly, how do you know it's not the graphics card?

because I tried swapping it out with the other one I had. And when it starts the post it will beep but no beeps at all.

Ah, sorry. Sounds like a mobo problem then, clutching at straws here.

Yea I feel you. I think I'm just going to get a new mobo and processor for it. it's my web server/ftp server. I've give you a shell account if you'd like when it's done. You are quite helpful ;).

I'll have my web/ftp server off my other system by tonight so if you want a shell account just pm me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom