old computer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh you mean video card, well that might be a problem. I'm giving you a way to get around the video card problem.

a) the beeping is probably your motherboard telling you that somethings wrong. check the manual or website for the motherboard. usually theyll explain what the beeps mean

b) use a computer.....as a fire wall? dont you mean a proxy server?

there are 3 jumpers on the board. it was empty so i set it to normal. now when i boot, the 2 beeps are gone and the monitor will detect the video cause it will flicker and the green light will stay on. the problem now is that after the monitor turns on, there is still no video. just a blank screen.

ok so i tried the board on another monitor and when it starts up, the monitor recieves a signal but it becomes grey.

Forget about all that crap. Why would you want to run a Windows server anyways. I can tell you how to remotely install FreeBSD/OpenBSD. Till you get the video figured out, that's about all you can do.

im not going to install windows server cause ive already got a system running it. im gonna run smoothwall of it.

could there be any cause for the monitor recieveing the signal from the video output of the board but not displaying anything on the screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom