Okay THis is stupid But IM a noob at this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

haterade008

Beta member
okay not going to deny it, i am a noob at putting computers together and yeah...

i got all my parts at one time through UPS and i hurried up to put it all together...dumb

my parts are...

asus m4a78t-e motherboard
AMD phenom II x4 965
4gb Crucial RAM
HD radeon 5770
diablotek 650

okay so heres what i did .... i hurried up to put it all together i didnt read the directions cause i was so hyped up and wanting to game and such but i just threw it in the case without the spacers and hooked up everything to it and i thought i was ready to go and i plugged in the power supply and powered it up and then suddenly i see smoke freak out then turn it off...at this point i feel like throwing the whole thing threw the sliding glass door due to my stupidty...so i RMA the motherboard bc without spacers you blow motherboard and now i got new motherboard and the RAM is compatible btw ...and i hook everything back up with the case on a non static surface and just hook up the main parts you need and when i hit the power supply to turn it on the fans turn 1/2 and nothing happens...alot of people are saying that the crappy power supply is the reason but when i blew the motherboard i dont know if i blew the cpu ...it has no burn marks on it and when i saw smoke there was very little and it was from the motherboard so what could be the reason this POS isnt coming on... should i get a new power supply and what kind

Go ahead with a brand name PSU like Corsair, Rosewill, Antec, or OCZ.

If it's a crap PSU I wouldn't doubt that more than the board fried (CPU, possibly GPU)

no dude i know i killed the motherboard by not putting in the spacers yes i know it was noobish but do you think it killed anything else?

no dude i know i killed the motherboard by not putting in the spacers yes i know it was noobish but do you think it killed anything else?

Read my post! Augh. I said it most likely fried MORE than the motherboard, possibly the CPU and GPU.

Start by getting a new PSU. If it doesn't work from there start trying some friend's parts in your computer.

Moral of the story is don't be a noob, read directions, and take your time.

yeah i will keep you guys up to date im getting a new psu 2morrow so i will let you guys know if that is the prob and i learn from my mistakes ....thats basically what learning is trial and error

When you turn on the computer do you hear any beeps coming from the mobo? This may give you an indication of what can be damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom