Ok, is this a PSU problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
Built a PC a week ago. (In sig) It works great, yesterday popped in my 7900GT and today when I turned it on had an error detecting secondary IDE (DVD drive). Unplugged DVD drive and fired right up. Turned off PC, reconnected DVD and it fired right up. Turned off PC, let it set, turned it on, locked again on drive. Is tihs a PSU issue? I have a nice Antec PSU coming in this week, so I'm not too concerned and plan to just keep the DVD drive unplugged. There's really nothing else I can detach at the moment, and only have one case fan in use. I'm using a RoseWill 450W ValueSelect PSU. It seems like if the PSU is warmed up it will power the DVD but from a (literally) cold boot it cannot.

Also, I'm building the exact same system for my wife, can anyone recomend a solid PSU for around $50 that will power it?

I guess this 7900GT is one power hungry video card.

Also, I usually pick my stuff up from NewEGG. So if you know of a good PSU in the $50 price range that should power my second rig, please post a link =)

Bleh, I misread the needed PSU for the Evga 7900gt superclocked. It's a minimum of 450Watt and 500watt for SLI. So obviously PSU is the problem.

Any decent PSU's for $50?

Appreciate any suggestions

suggestions---
~learn to edit and not triple post, its considered spam...
~Tell us the needed to know information...

how many pins for the mobo? how many perifials do you need?

True, I should have edited. My apology. :(

I use a 20 pin MOBO

My system is in my signature if you need any more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom