Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Gootch

TechyBurst
What card is the better card./=

SAPPHIRE Radeon X1600PRO 256MB AGP

and

Nvidia 6600GT 256mb AGP

Im a gamer and want the best. Alot of my friends say the radeon is better then the nvidia. and some say nvidia is better then Radeon.

I'd say nvidia, but I'm not sure about the cards you listed, do you have any links

I know the 6600gt is a great "bang for the buck" card but I have no experience with ati and I am not sure what good that card is...

and If you decide to get a 6600gt, just get the 128mb version, save some money, that gpu doesn't need 256mb to run well, (personal experience)

and when It comes to ATI vs. Nvidia

if you were to compair them based on drivers, Nvidia would win

and if you were compairing them based on price/performance ratio, Nividia would win...

so.. my pick is Nvidia (and a good manufacturer is eVGA)

what kind of price range are you talking about?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&description=&srchInDesc=&minPrice=&maxPrice=

100-130 price range, i dont have pci-x just AGP. And im gonna be playing AA,BF2, MMORPGS and i need the best card i cna get. and 128 wont do me any good.. if i get a 256 i can play Bf2 at high settings and not low with the 128mb.

Dr.Gootch said:
if i get a 256 i can play Bf2 at high settings and not low with the 128mb.

I don't know if I agree with that statement... the 6600gt gpu doesn't run fast enough to fill up the ram...

I'm not sure though... and I have no experience with ati, (that card you listed seems fairly equivilant to the 6600gt)

so... that's about all the help I can offer...

I am heading home now... cya

I'm sure somebody will reply with some better info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom