Ok, big problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazeD

Fully Optimized
My computer has been REALLY funky lately. I thought it to be a RAM problem. I have 1GB of Kingston, and 1GB of crappy Crucial that my friend gave me. I took out the Crucial and the problems SEEMED to go away. Problems included frequeny game crashing, BSOD, etc.

With just the Kingston, I did a Prime95 test. I had to go to the store for a few hours today, and I started Prime95 before I left. When I got back, this is what I saw:

HPIM0402.jpg

Now, is this an XP problem, or a hardware problem? Someone help, pleeeaaaseee!

I know this doesnt help much but did u have the crucial memory in when you did the prime95 at the store, that just looks like the classic blue screen of death

No, it was the Kingston.

So, I guess that means that somehow, 4 memory modules got messed up, or, something is seriously ****ed up.

I have gotten a few BSOD's over the last few days.

The only new hardware I've got is a new video card, but I know it's not that because it was doing it with my old videocard aswell.

I hope my motherboard isn't bad. :(

I reformatted but it didn't help.

Now I'm getting a STOP 0x0000009c error quite often.

Every now and then I hear what sounds like something shutting off and then turning back on real fast. It's coming from the front, and unfortunately it sounds like my HDD. I'm leaning towards PSU failure, but I really don't know.

A little while ago when I turned my computer on, I didn't even get any picture. I have four RAM modules, and four DIMM's. I had to keep moving them around to make it come on. Right now I have two sticks in DIMM 3 and DIMM 4.

I tried running Prime95, and it didn't run but 10 seconds before it failed and had an error. I have reset my BIOS to ensure that all OC settings have been reset.

This is very recent, and seems to be getting worse. I really need some advice...thanks

Its hardware related for sure. I just had to pull a stick of Kingston Valueram out of my system the other day with the same symptons. Same blue screen After taking out the stick its been fine. I've tried the bad stick in another computer and it doesnt crash but it causes some weird behaviour.

Well it's hard to pinpoint because sometimes it works fine, and other times it doesn't want to work very well.

Hmm, I have Kingston ValueRAM too.

I had two HDD's in, so I have removed one, and removed two fans to see if it still does it. I'm thinking it's PSU related, so maybe if this eases some stress off the PSU, it won't be doing this ****.

I'll post in a bit if it happens again, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom