oh no! another graphics card is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

bardan

Solid State Member
Hi all. I have a big problem. In the last couple of months 2 graphics cards (both Radeon 9800 pro) have been damaged my system.

By damaged I mean they work untill they heat up a bit and then the screen is full of particles and severly distorted. This happens about 10 seconds into any game no matter how simple the graphics are.

I've had the same system for over two years and never had a problem. I haven't changed BIOS or any hardware. My System is:
ASUS P4P Deluxe M/B
P4 2.8 HT
2x OCZ pc3500 256mb EL DC

I did add two new sticks of non matching ram about 5 or 6 before the first vid card got damaged. Both Pairs were in different channels on the M/B.

I had overclocked the CPU by %5 over a year ago but had no problems. I only returned it to normal once the first graphics card was stuffed. The original ATI card was overclocked a little but never had any probs previousely. This i also returned to normal after the first incident.

Any help will be awesome.

i was assuming they were being damaged because when i replaced the first one, I was able to play new games for hours without problems. now a month or so later, both cards do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom