Oh my god.

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewsvalesen

Daemon Poster
I've been waiting 6 weeks to get my computer parts, and i finally receive the last part. My videocard.
I stick it in, and I boot up my brand new computer for the first time.

In the post screen it loads and says

"verifying DMI Pool Data" (something like that)
and just stands there....

Earlier:
When I booted it up, it said "Fdisk Error (40)"
Note*
I have windows XP already installed on my slave drive, but not my primary. IS this a problem? I'm just trying to format.

Is there a way to change this? My current slave to become my primary? Is it with the jumpers?

My main questions are
What is wrong with my computer?

How can I format my computer? the windows xp disk I have (its a copy of the original I have. It usually works after doing the windows 95 boot up routine.) doesn't work. And something is wrong with my FDD.

Please if anyone could be kind enough to help. This has got to be the 5th time concerning this computer alone, that my anticipation has been crushed.

Thanks in advance.

what you need to do is to go into bios and set your boot order to floppy , cdrom then harddrive.

you will have to install windows on the primary drive and boot off this drive but then you can use the slave one (that you said is already setup) to copy files back over

you can not boot off the slave drive cause of all the new hardware though, windows that is already on that drive will freak out.

The Fdisk error 40 is the floppy drive having a heart attack. If the load stops working on 'verifying DMI pool data', THAT's usually the hdd. Can be fixed, like networkgeeks said, by changing the boot order. Tho to fix it I usually change the boot order to boot off the HD first.

uh.. i did that whole
floppy>cd>hd thing.

it still says that.
I don't even have a fdd installed, because I thought it broke.

anymore suggestions?

i spent 3 hours trying to fix the problem.
My dad helps me out, and tells me I switched the cables. Put each end on the wrong side..

Gah.

Thanks for everyone's input, it helped alot.

your system is having trouble looking for a O/S it automatically jumps to the slave and tries booting from it.
What you should do is pull out the slave and use just your primary to install O/S on it, once everything is installed on the primary you can throw in the slave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom