oh god, somebody please help with this disk read error - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 11-05-2009, 09:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default oh god, somebody please help with this disk read error

I recently upgraded from XP to 7 and backupped some of my files on dvds

I compressed some of my files and put them into a split up Winrar archive of 2gb each. My 7 install went correctly and I then started moving all the files back onto my hd. It all went smoothly except for ONE single part of the archive is on a DVD that doesn't read correctly. The progress window goes about half-way and then says "Can't read from source file or disk". ****. I tried my different dvd drives and it still gives me the error. Must be a bad burn. Is there anything I can do? The rar archive in total, mostly pictures and videos, is about 20 gb. Anyway I could partially extract everything without that 2gb part of the archive?

Old 11-05-2009, 11:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: oh god, somebody please help with this disk read error

It is highly unlikely that you will be able to extract the data without that part of the archive. It will give you a error at that part and exit out of the extraction. You could try, but i wouldnt be to hopeful.
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread