Odd Sleep/Internet Issue

Alright I am 99% sure it's my SSD, although system mechanic came up with nothing. I replugged my sata cable, will see if it still errors.

o0 You caught me off guard with that reply, I thought the issue was resolved.
Guess its been so long I had forgotten about it. :D
But yeah if you do think the ssd is the problem it maybe under warrenty go ahead and get rmaed.

Not sure if you checked it yet (and sorry if you have) but check the settings of your network adapter under the device manager and on the Power Management tab, make sure that "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is unchecked. Again, sorry if you've already checked this :) Hope this helps

No clue now. Didn't have any problems for a while, then it started happening again. I turned off all sleep options on monitors, hard drive, everything I could find. Didn't fix it.

The most frequent case now is when I'm using my computer, especially soon after booting up, everything will freeze for 30-60 seconds and then resume. Sometimes I get a message saying my video card driver had to recover, sometimes I don't get any error messages.

Not fixed.

Computer just froze while I was using it. Rebooted and here's what I found in event viewer immediately before my reboot event:

At 8:06:47 PM there are about 20 identical errors:
Source: atapi
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort0.

At 8:06:48 there is one error:
Source: Disk
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR1.

Does this confirm that it's my hard drive? I've also been having video card issues while gaming - game will freeze until my video card recovers 45-60 seconds later.

Sounds like a drive issue to me - if you've received similar messages again already then I'd say it points to your drive.

Already got a half dozen of "The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort0" since reboot, although computer has not frozen.

I purchased the Intel SSD on November 23, 2012, so I guess I better start exploring the warranty process in case there's a 2 year window.

Last edited:
Great! In that case I can safely procrastinate until I become so frustrated that I'm forced to deal with it in 3-4 months.

Back
Top Bottom