Odd PC Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jjamus

Beta member
I've recently been building my brother a new computer (I have experience, built my own) and I've been having an odd problem:

After disabling onboard graphics and enabling the PCI-E slot, the computer upon boot up doesn't detect the graphics card, and the USB ports aren't detected, either (LEDs on keyboard and mouse don't light up). When I boot it with onboard graphics it boots fine. Any advice as to what the problem could be?

Specs:
nVidia 8800 GS 384MB
Biostar P4M900-M7 SE Motherboard
2GB DDR2 RAM
Intel PD 940 3.20GHz OEM Processor
160GB HDD

Hello,

Do you have proper power to the card? Maybe you can use the integreated GFX till you can install the drivers for the 8800 and then disable it and see if it works then?

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

Do you have proper power to the card? Maybe you can use the integreated GFX till you can install the drivers for the 8800 and then disable it and see if it works then?

Cheers,
Mak

We tried, this but the monitor doesn't detect the card and the usb doesn't power up on boot.

Hello,

Cheers,
Mak

I've got a 6pin power cable running from a 450wat PSU, and I was told by a friend that that might be the problem, it might not be enough power to support it. I'll try installing the drivers, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom