Odd Heat Issue, what's the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
Hello All, I just want to say first of all that my PC runs great, temps are always cool, well, cool for a Prescott :) However, I'e found a couple games shoot my PC temp up to 65c (150f). What doesn't make any sense to me is that these two games are NOT something you would think would heat up your PC. Even Call of Duty 2 with graphics kicked up stays much cooler then these games. The games I am playing are even older, they are Planescape:Torment and Temple of Elemental Evil. These are both isometric perspective games that are older, especially Torment. What's the problem? I have no heat issue on any other games or apps, but these things get me to 65C is just a few minutes. My case fans and CPU fan kick up high and it doesn't seem to get any hotter then 65c, but why would this happen with games that are not graphic intensive? Do they put more demand on the CPU? Should I be worried about these temps? Any info is appreciated.

I'd like to play and solve these games but am concerned about the temps.

Ah, I didn't know Windows did that ;) Would certainly explain the demand these games put on my system.

Should I worry about the 65C temp? That's as hot as it gets, and I'd really like to play the games. Just not worth a melt down HeHe

I guess I could play around with the options in the games. Doesn't seem like they have many, mostly just to switch from hardware to software modes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom