Odd Hardware monitoring ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SYL\X/3K

I know <html>, do you?
im lost, i just swapped my PSU today with the same one under warranty because the last one died on me this morning
anyway, temp & volt reading is a bit higher than the last one which is good but my PC Probe II tells me this:
vcore= 1.28v
+3.3v= 3.21v - 3.23v
+5.0v= 4.89v - 4.92v
+12v= 11.65v - 11.71v
Cpu Temp= 30*C

while my BIOS tells me this:
vcore= 1.41v
+3.3v= 3.34v
+5.0v= 5.09v - 5.11v
+12v= 12.11v
Cpu Temp= 40*c

now i know that my cool and quiet kicks in when OS loads so im not worried about my temperature but my volt monitoring is strange , i believe my BIOS than the software but whats going on ? is this right?

Don't you have a digital multimeter? My BIOS and software all have different read out, it's safe to say your reading is good from the output as long as it doesn't fall or exceed 10%.

If you can borrow or at least get a multimeter, be it a digital one or an cheap analog and run some test on it. Jump start the PSU with the green and the black wire with a paper clip on the ATX connector, making sure you put some load on the PSU like connect a few CD/DVD ROM to it or else some PSU will shut off after a few second.

im worried about my vcore. Does it drop down to 1.28v when cool n quiet kicks in or is my PC Probe messing with me? because in the BIOS it says 1.41v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom