Odd freezing at lower resolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

beengone

Solid State Member
ok, to me this is weird, I found my Flatout2 Ultimate Carnage disk and installed it, on first install I ran it at 1024x768, between 2-4 racing/3d action mins the screen would freeze requiring a hard reboot, now, if I put it up to 1600x1200 it doesnt do this and I can destroy things all evening long.

amd Athlon xp2 5600 dual core 2900
Nvidian 9500 GT (Evga)
3gb ram
win Xp 32bit
500watt NZXT(or is it NXZT)

so my fears are two fold, did I get my frame rate high enough to tax my PSU(i don't believe it to be highest quality, but I do not know, it was an upgrade option with the case), causing it to lock up, or did my GPU overheat from the same. I did open it up and blow out the little but of dust in there. but with the same settings it keeps doing it, once again, when I bump it to 1600x1200 it goes away. any ideas?
my CPU temps are staying low

To be honest, I don't think there is anything wrong with your card, if it can handle 1024x786 on generic ms driver without glitching up or needing a high resolution you should be fine.
I do recommend you change your monitors megahert frame rate to 60hz for now and see what it does.
After that I want you to go to nvidia's site once more and look for a new driver pack for your card once all this is done and no problems arise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom