OCZ Memory cooler from Helllllllllllllllo there moderators..

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reviews on that OCZ fan doesn't look too good... just about everybody complained about the mounting...

OldeFortran said:
Cons: The mounting brackets do not fit tightly against the memory retainers, and this makes for a sloppy fit. The unit hovers precariously over my vid card…like less than 1mm precarious….that is a little disconcerting to say the least. The last thing I need is for a $20-something cooler frying my $500+ video card because it jostled its way onto the card, shorting it out. When you couple the poor, loose fit with the fact that it is so close to the vid card, I really do not think that it is worth the trouble. It may be a motherboard issue (ASUS P5W DH DELUXE), but I would think that something like memory slots would be pretty uniform from mfg to mfg. Oh, and why does everything have to have LED's on it? What's wrong with just two fans? At this rate PC components are going to start coming with whistles attached.

Other Thoughts: It is a great idea. I really want to keep my memory cool, as I have it pushed pretty far. However, this cooler by OCZ was sure a disappointment. Does it need to be made entirely of metal? As the cost of the part does not justify paying the return postage, I did install it. I used a piece of 25mm PTFE shrink tubing flattened, and slipped between the cooler any my vid card to make sure there is no 'inappropriate touching'. I guess this will work indefinitely, but I should not have to jimmy-rig something with the name OCZ stamped on it to get it to work.

HAHAHAHA

Sucks to be you Aspire. Ya just get some cheap PCI graphics card if you really need your PC for school work.

Talked to xfx and I'm going to be mailing my 3 week old 8800gt back to them which means I'm going to be without a working computer, while in college for about a week and half GrRRRRRRR!!!
Just pick up a cheap and nasty PCI-E card in the mean time. It's not like you need a 8800GT for your school work.

hey harper that anti scientology rant there at the bottom of your sig is kreepy mang.
why dont you add christianity and buddhism and islam and hindi in here too and cover the bases?
lol did you have a bad scientology experience or what?
eee february 10th...i'll be drinkin beer and waiting for the world to end. lol. kreeeeepy.

hey harper that anti scientology rant there at the bottom of your sig is kreepy mang.
why dont you add christianity and buddhism and islam and hindi in here too and cover the bases?
lol did you have a bad scientology experience or what?
eee february 10th...i'll be drinkin beer and waiting for the world to end. lol. kreeeeepy.

No. Currently end of the world predition is 21st Dec 2012. So we got a little bit of time before that happens.

This is mainly about the current war that is brewing between the hacker group called "Anonymous" and Church of Scientology.

ToV :: View topic - "Anonymous" vs. Church of Scientology for further infromation.

Not sure if I can post more about it here on TF and the mods don't agree with people posting about religion.

Scientology's main detraction is that they let Tom Cruise represent it. That guy has seriously lost his mind.

BTW, hail zenu :D

^^LOL^^
well...i'll still be drinkin beer on february tenth, just in case.
i'll surely be lit on the 21st of december. cant meet my maker without a slight buzz.

Problem is I'm stuck in san luis obispo where i go to college and there really isn't a plethora of stores that sell computer related things. Its basically just best buy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom