OCZ + 750i FTW = BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
So does the 750i just not like my memory or whats the deal? I'm going to stop off at microcenter on the way home and pick up a couple sticks of corsair and see if the problem persists.
Whenever i have both sticks of memory installed i get random lockups and sometimes BSOD when booting up.
Also, anytime i do a reboot or make bios changes when the board powers down and comes back up i get 03 on the diag screen. I have to hold the power down and bring the machine back up and it works fine.
Both of these issues are consistent and repeatable. I have tried loosening the timings to really craptacular timings 6-6-6-18 and 2.2v (max for the mem) and still the problems persist.

I have tried using both sets of memory slots, same results no matter which channel i use. I tried reversing sticks and get consistent bsod's if i use the memory in the reverse order. This leads me to think it might be the memory, but the memory was working perfectly in the Asus board.

Ideas?

it doesn't show up on the supported memory list for the 750i ftw so its probably that.. I still don't understand how ram doesn't work with a board, but it isn't listed so it much not work :(

Well i just tried some corsair xms2 and the same exactly problem happens. Both in xp and vista. So i'm pretty certain its the board. Guess i'll just limp along on 2gb until i switch to i7 then rma the board before i sell it.

ocz + evga boards = NO

i've been through 2 different sets of ocz ram on my old 680i and they both did not work unless overvolted to something like 2.2v... and that was just to run 800 mhz... and those were some good d9ghm sticks!

oh wiat i'm stupid and didnt read.. sorry, but i'll leave my comment.. lol

all of their ram seem to love high voltage.. and this i do not understand why... after seeing it still used micron d9ghm in my old sticks.. i have no idea why they loved high voltage... but when it was there.. by golly did they clock high!

As i mentioned i also tried corsair memory and get the same random freezing. Also, any idea why anytime i do a warm reboot it hangs a 03.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom