nvidia xfx 7950 gt drivers - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 07:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via ICQ to stoneys-nutz
Question nvidia xfx 7950 gt drivers

i have just installed a new 7950 gt card, when i tried to install the latest drivers i got the message that the card could not be found, the only drivers that work are the ones on the install cd but they are old, also about 2/3 mins into a game (any game) the whole computer freezes. i was told about an inf.fix that may cure the problem but i cant find anything about it, does anybody have a link to a page so i can d/load the instructions and/or software to fix this.

Old 08-18-2007, 11:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to phucng_10 Send a message via Yahoo to phucng_10
Default Re: nvidia xfx 7950 gt drivers

So you tried to install the latest drivers from the website correct? Is the PCI-e option enabled in BIOS? Have you checked to see if BIOS detected your VGA?

Old 08-18-2007, 01:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie

hello and thanks for your reply, i managed to get the latest drivers from a third party site, guru 3D, nvidia drivers would not install but these did. i have a dual motherboard, agp and pci-e, the pci option is enabled but how would i check to see if the bios has detected my agp, in the bios the agp option is on auto, i still have the problem of the system locking up after a few minutes into a game, i tried to run 3Dmark 03, but it locked on that too, i have a 400 w psu, could it be a power problem? i dont get a warning from nv to say im low on power, also there is a lot of tearing in the graphics for the time i can play.
im hoping its not the card as it,s only days old. i have 2 gig of crucial ram, a 3.2Ghz p4, and a 250 gig sata hd. the motherboard is an asrock 4core dual-vsta, thats quite new too.
im gettig quite p****d off with it to be honest, hope you can help.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie

do you think the power supply is big enough?