nvidia xfx 7950 gt drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoneys-nutz

Baseband Member
i have just installed a new 7950 gt card, when i tried to install the latest drivers i got the message that the card could not be found, the only drivers that work are the ones on the install cd but they are old, also about 2/3 mins into a game (any game) the whole computer freezes. i was told about an inf.fix that may cure the problem but i cant find anything about it, does anybody have a link to a page so i can d/load the instructions and/or software to fix this.

hello and thanks for your reply, i managed to get the latest drivers from a third party site, guru 3D, nvidia drivers would not install but these did. i have a dual motherboard, agp and pci-e, the pci option is enabled but how would i check to see if the bios has detected my agp, in the bios the agp option is on auto, i still have the problem of the system locking up after a few minutes into a game, i tried to run 3Dmark 03, but it locked on that too, i have a 400 w psu, could it be a power problem? i dont get a warning from nv to say im low on power, also there is a lot of tearing in the graphics for the time i can play.
im hoping its not the card as it,s only days old. i have 2 gig of crucial ram, a 3.2Ghz p4, and a 250 gig sata hd. the motherboard is an asrock 4core dual-vsta, thats quite new too.
im gettig quite p****d off with it to be honest, hope you can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom