Nvidia NVS 510 ISSUES, PLEASE HELP!

SubliminalX7

In Runtime
Hello all,

I have a Nvidia NVS 510 graphics card. I have and intel DQ87PG motherboard. It does have the PCI Express 3.0 x16 which the card requires.

I have a 350-Watt PSU and the card uses 35-Watts

The card when plugged in gives no display, but it does power on.

I have looked everywhere for product manuals. Never found any.

These are the requirements:

Windows® 8, 7, Vista, XP SP3, Linux®, or Solaris®
PCIe ×16 expansion slot
1GB or more of system memory, 2GB recommended
200MB of available disk space for full driver installation
Blu-ray or DVD-ROM drive and DisplayPort or DVI compatible displays
- See more at: NVIDIA NVS 510 for Quad DVI Low Profile

IT SAYS NOTHING TO HELP ME

I called support and they say UEFI must be enabled for it to work, but NOTHING IN THE INSTRUCTION I GOT SAY THAT

I only can boot legacy because that's how the OS was configured to boot

I check UEFI option and get the uefi shell but only on on-board display

again when I plug in the card I get no display

Please let me know if you can help me. I would appreciate it a lot!
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hello all,

I have a Nvidia NVS 510 graphics card. I have and intel DQ87PG motherboard. It does have the PCI Express 3.0 x16 which the card requires.

The card when plugged in gives no display, but it does power on.

I have looked everywhere for product manuals. Never found any.

These are the requirements:

Windows® 8, 7, Vista, XP SP3, Linux®, or Solaris®
PCIe ×16 expansion slot

I only can boot legacy because that's how the OS was configured to boot

again when I plug in the card I get no display

Well you'll have to be my eyes since I can't really see your screen.
Reboot the machine with the card plugged go into the bios.
Locate a option that says display, there should be a option to "disable" onboard vga.
Disable that and there should be a option to switch to external vga card.
Most bios will call it PCI others will say pci-e, enable that.
Save your settings in bios and shut down the machine, power it on after 1 minute.
Now you should see the monitor kick on with the vga card.
If not and you don't see the keyboard flickering 3 times during prepost of the system.

I suggest you test the card somewhere else, even if you don't have a spare pc.
See if your neighbor, friend or local computer store will test it for you to make sure its not DOA.

Well you'll have to be my eyes since I can't really see your screen.
Reboot the machine with the card plugged go into the bios.
Locate a option that says display, there should be a option to "disable" onboard vga.
Disable that and there should be a option to switch to external vga card.
Most bios will call it PCI others will say pci-e, enable that.
Save your settings in bios and shut down the machine, power it on after 1 minute.
Now you should see the monitor kick on with the vga card.
If not and you don't see the keyboard flickering 3 times during prepost of the system.

I suggest you test the card somewhere else, even if you don't have a spare pc.
See if your neighbor, friend or local computer store will test it for you to make sure its not DOA.

Fortunately I figured out that it is not the graphics card lol, It was the mobo's PCI express 3.0 slot which was buggy

Fortunately I figured out that it is not the graphics card lol, It was the mobo's PCI express 3.0 slot which was buggy

Good work just so you know, if you can don't use intel based mobo for ****. :/
There are some who could sware by it and love it but many others would stay away.

If it were me in your shoes it'd be flying into a wall and crumbling to bits.

If money isn't an issue go for this one here, plus gigabyte has a great rep for rma and replacing boards that do work without much grief.
GIGABYTE GA-H81M-HD2 LGA 1150 Intel H81 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com

Also if money is scarce but you can manage 46.00 bucks.
BIOSTAR H81MHV3 LGA 1150 Intel H81 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com

So yeah those 2 would be good for your intel build.
If you find a nice core i5 or i7 quadcore 1150 for a sale you could have a nice setup for under 400.00 bucks top before May.

Good work just so you know, if you can don't use intel based mobo for ****. :/
There are some who could sware by it and love it but many others would stay away.

If it were me in your shoes it'd be flying into a wall and crumbling to bits.

If money isn't an issue go for this one here, plus gigabyte has a great rep for rma and replacing boards that do work without much grief.
GIGABYTE GA-H81M-HD2 LGA 1150 Intel H81 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com

Also if money is scarce but you can manage 46.00 bucks.
BIOSTAR H81MHV3 LGA 1150 Intel H81 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com

So yeah those 2 would be good for your intel build.
If you find a nice core i5 or i7 quadcore 1150 for a sale you could have a nice setup for under 400.00 bucks top before May.

Unfortunately all this company is using is Intel based mobo's and I don't have the authority to buy things, but I can suggest lol. It was quite unfortunate though because for a while there my boss was wondering if I messed up the machine. I was like, "No way in Hell lol" Our PC builder (vendor) (don't ask why because I can do what he does lol) builds with Intel only. We had to get rid of the mobo. Also PNY gave me instructions to put the machine into secure and uefi boot... I was like, "I do not believe you should need to do that or believe you know what you are talking about." lol So, I just tried it into another machine, no secure or uefi and worked perfectly fine hahahaha

Back
Top Bottom