nvidia gpu driver crashes in game/3d!!!

zaka100

W͂Oͨ̍̍̒̈́͛̕
Hello, I have a problem with my gpu, the problem started a few days ago and the issue is that whenever I startup minecraft or any other 3d application, the screen starts flickering, the screen goes black and then it recovers. Its not the temperature, its about 65 celcius. But, while I was on HWmonitor and playing minecraft, it said the gpu utilization went to 99%! Can you give me some help!!! My laptop is a toshiba tecra m9 PTM91E. My gpu is a nvidia quadro 130m.:worked_till_5am:

EDIT: This problem started when I was maxing out my gpu by running paint.net in 20 tabs, chrome in 20 tabs, python shell in 7 tabs and minecraft.

Last edited:
Have you downloaded the latest drivers from nVidia's website for your card?

GPU Utiliziation should be very high during games - that means the game is using your GPU to process the game info.

But, while i was even running a 2d platformer on a website, my laptop crashed and got a bsod! Now, the driver has been automatically disabled by windows so im using an on-board graphics now.

If it was using the GPU then it can still cause the crash if the driver is unstable/corrupted.

Like I said, first step is to just get the newest driver for your card from nVidia's website.

I updated, i fixed it, but i got a new problem: Now, it just randomly gets bsods!!!!!!

Post the BSOD info.

Post the text in all caps at the top (e.g. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)
as well as the stop code and it's parameters at the bottom (e.g. STOP 0x000000## where ## = some alpha-numeric combo)

And if there is a driver/system file mentioned below the STOP code, post that as well (e.g. FILENAME.SYS)

You can also zip/upload your minidump files and we can analyze them - they're located under C:\Windows\Minidump

Yep it's referencing nVidia driver files.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff557263(v=vs.85).aspx

Download this tool: Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

While in Safe Mode, do the following:
1. Use the official uninstaller of the nVidia driver through Programs & Features
2. Run Driver Sweeper and select what to clean, and select the Clean option

Try to reboot into Windows normally after that, and then when you're in Normal mode, then you can try to reinstall the drivers (download a fresh copy and make sure you're getting the right drivers).

Back
Top Bottom