nvidia fx 5200

Status
Not open for further replies.

2fast4u

Daemon Poster
i just got this card...i put it in my computer, put in the install cd and restarted...i clicked install video driver and it said that the one i have now is new thatn the one it wants to install.. i hit no to not continue and i went to the pref of the display... i changed the quality to the highest and the resolution to 1024 by 768 and my screen flickered and stayed black.. i look at my power light one my screen and it was blinking like there was no feedback... i restarted and it did the same thing... so i restarted and went to the last known good config and it worked.. i went to install it again and it wont... so i tried to adjust the res. and quality and when i change one, my whole screen filles up with capital E's and they have a accent mark on top of them... wut the **** is wut the this? i have the driver cd.. so i put my old one in and went here to post this and then i tried to put my new one in, and it wont even start...... it goes and reconizes my ram and then the sceen light blinks like it's not getting feedback again..

btw my mobo can handle a max of 4x agp i dont know if this is the problem

You upgrading from Integrated graphics? If so, you have to disable your integrated graphics from within the Device Manager before you will be able to boot Windows with the new card.

i have it installed but not right.. when i go to change my resolution i get a screen full of grey smiley faces.. when i go to change the quality, capital E's fill it up with accent marks on top of them... so i have to restart and load last known good config...

i used one from the cd that came with it and one from nvidia.com and it still had the same issue... so i'm guessing the hardware if faulty. :(

My guess would be that if the same thing is happening in two different comps that is generally a bad video card. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom