Nvidia Drivers Fatal Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandOfReform

Beta member
Today I have installed vista 3 times due to the fact that every time i do it it automatically updates and when it restarts my monitor frequency comes up as out of range...the frequency is displayed on the monitor as 78.5khz 85hz which is not very normal. The last time I did it I updated the driver manually downloading it from nvidia.com the driver version it gives me is 190.38 the link to it is:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvis…

my version of vista is vista ultimate x64 service pack 2

the video card is a evga nvidia 7600 gt ko

my motherboard is an asus m2nbp vm csm with an nvidia onboard chipset

the processor is an amd athlon 5400 x2 socket am2

i will provide any other information upon request, thanks

no i thought so too at first but win 7 is followed by winvista i dled it twice, sorry about dead link, if you click download drivers on home screen and then choose geforce 7 series and win vista 64bit you will get to the same thing just in case the new link is also broken:

GeForce/ION Driver Release 190

oh i guess it is an either or, but i dont think they have a specific one, and the same thing happen when windows update got the driver automatically.

alright so heres another weird thing, i just recovered a different monitor from my friends house and it works perfectly, so i thought maybe its just a bad monitor but is that even possible, the monitor posts fine, and windows loads its just right after vistas green loading bar it pops up the error, whats up here?

what you should know that nost of the modern Vcards tries to read some info from the monitor .. so old monitors DO NOT work on Nv geforce 7300 because the vcard recive no ibfo about the monitor so there will be no signal out .. in your case seems like there is a broplem in your screen because your card choosed a wrong default refresh rate ! ,.. usually LCDs works on 60-70Hz only ..
since the other monitor is working fine .. replace your monitor & buy a new one !

or

put the working monitor .. change the resolution to 600x800 @ 70Hz .. reput to the old monitor !
this should work .. after that change the resolution to some thing good & work with your monitor ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom