nvidia control panel saying 1920x1080 monitor's native resolution is 1600x900 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Old 07-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default nvidia control panel saying 1920x1080 monitor's native resolution is 1600x900

Hello, I just upgraded my graphics card from a 5870 to a 770. I made a silly mistake when I was taking the 5870 out and forgot to push the release lever, so the pci-e x16 slot came out with my card
I put my 770 in the 4x pci-e slot on my motherboard. I uninstalled the amd dislapy drivers from the uninstall a program list before I took the amd card out. After I put the new card in I installed the nvidia drivers for my 770.
My problem is that in some games like league of legends, hawken, dayz, source games, and infestation survival stories only allows me to put the resolution to 1600x900. Other games like far cry 3, arma 3, and bc2 work on my native 1920x1080 res. Also in nvidia control panel it says that my native resolution for my monitor is 1600x900 when its actually 1920x1080 and my desktop works on 1920x1080.
i'm guessing my problem is with dx9. I also tried running driver sweeper in safe mode after i installed the nvidia drivers and encountered the problem. I may buy a new motherboard soon, I am thinking of getting the asrock pro3, if you guys think the extreme4 is worth the extra money let me know.
Any input is appreciated.

Here are my specs:

Gigabyte GTX 770 2GB
and if u care about my monitor it's a samsung syncmaster bx2450
Mcboogers is offline   Reply With Quote