Nvidia 9800GT distorted image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drogos

Daemon Poster
So here is the thing.
i upgraded this slimline hp pc for better cooling a bit back here is the post.
http://www.techist.com/forums/f75/hp-slimline-s3707c-case-upgrade-ible-236621/

A buddy of mine game me this Nvidia 9800GT he had laying around and i wanted to put in on the pc.
i installed it and everything the pc powered fine dint shut down or anything so im guessing it had enuff power to run it.
but the image is very distorted like really old bit format mixed up and stuff u can make out most of what u see is just not normal.
what i wanted to know is what could be causing this?
the card was dusty i dusted it out.
i used a dvi to dvi cable cuz i dint have a dvi to vga cable so i had to used a extra monitor i had that has a dvi plug. i used that same monitor to repair a pc yesterday so is not the monitor i think. letting windows update find and install drivers dint change anything.
the pc runs fine on integrated card wen i unpluged the 9800GT.
i havent really messed with it since i got the card tonight i just want your thoughts and get possible trouble shooting ideas ahead of time.
PC Specs
AMD Athlon X2 5400 Dual Core Proccesor
BIOSTAR MCP6P M2+ 6.X AM3/AM2+/AM2
4GB DDR2 ram
500GB Harddrive
Integrated Nvidia Geforce 6150SE
Antec Basiq BP350 350W ATX12V v2.01
Windows XP Pro SP3

putting a videocard on this machine wasnt a plan im doing it cuz the card is free
if is gona cost money like changing PSU and such is probably best if i wait till i can build a new rig lol

thanks in advance

ohh ok i had that feeling to but is the first time i encounter this so wasnt sure. so u guys think is worth it if i go for a new PSU im sure i can find something for a good price since black friday is around the corner and i plan to use this pc for a while.

that does look nice but im on a tight budget. I really dont want to spend 89 bucks on a psu for this pc since the card wont be changed again if i can put it something cheaper that'll do the job that ill nice. as i staed above im only adding the card because it was given to me for free. wen i build a new one is gana be a good while b4 i do this pc will end up as either a storage unit or a server
i remeber i had a 500w psu on the gaming rig i sold i while back and was enuff to power the 9600GT it had.
here is a couple i found with good ratings

Newegg.com - Sunbeam PSU-H680-REV-US 680W ATX 12V 2.0 Power Supply - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-530SS 530W ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular LED Power Supply

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power Plus RS-500-PCAR-A3-US 500W ATX12V v2.3 Power Supply

this looks to good to be tru if is enuff to power it
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Elite 460 RS-460-PSAR-J3 460W ATX12V V2.31 Power Supply

ok so that corsair should do the job just want to be sure then ill order it tonight wen i get back from work.
34.99 with free shipping is nice.
god knows i wish i could build a new gaming rig trying to save up for a car or a motorcycle atm lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom