Nvidia 7900 GTX - Screen Tearing/Black Objects

Status
Not open for further replies.

mack

In Runtime
While playing Call of Duty 4, I'm getting a lot of screen flicking, black objects, and screen tearing. Mostly the grass, players, and certain objects are black. I have installed the latest beta drivers, latest non-beta drivers, and right now I have 169.28. I am using a *fresh* install of XP Pro x64, with about 16 processes running when I play a game.

I installed the latest version of my chipset drivers (Nvidia nForce). One issue I did have, when I installed them my network card stopped working-- I had to install the Ethernet driver from Asus install CD in order to get online.

I did fix this issue somewhat by adjusting my fan speed control to 100% in my Nvidia control panel. The tearing was a LOT worse. Turning on/off vsync doesn't do anything.

I also attached a screenshot of what's going on. The black object isn't visible in this screenshot, but tearing is. It appears randomly, and the screen flickers some. Before I adjusted my fan speed control, tearing went across the screen completely. It also happens on HL2: EP2, but does NOT occur in America's Army.

I am not sure if it's hardware issue with my 7900 GTX or a software/driver issue. Thank you.

Attachments

• ss1.gif
    ss1.gif
    37.6 KB · Views: 228
  • sysinfo.txt
    18.3 KB · Views: 48
  • DxDiag.txt
    12.4 KB · Views: 54
  • DxDiag-p2.txt
    18.3 KB · Views: 58
nForce = 55c (131f)
GPU = 41c (105.8f)

Weird, I just played with absolutely no issues... but I don't think the problem is fixed. It seems to be a pick and choose problem. I did install the most current drivers out right now..

I'll let you guys know tomorrow when I play after work..

The problem isn't fixed. I installed the latest beta, 169.28 (I had 169.21 I believe). Any suggestions? My GPU temp isn't too high, either.

It seems like it actually got worse..

Attachments

• shot00322.JPG
    shot00322.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 207
It happens on other games. Here is a shot from EP2.

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 207
Nope-- 650MHz core, 800MHz memory (it's a 7900GTX).

I just played COD4 with the 169.04 drivers, and I was able to play for about 4+ hours with only two glitches showing up on two separate maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom