Nvida GeForce 2MX, Adding other V. Cards.\ multi monitor - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 03-07-2006, 06:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via AIM to David.VH
Angry Nvida GeForce 2MX, Adding other V. Cards.\ multi monitor

I have been using a NVIDIA Ge-Force 2MX for about 4 years now and I have always wanted to use more than one monitor, I have several other graphics card that are PCI and I know they work at least I am reasonably sure they do. However when I install them in a computer using the NVIDIA GeForce 2MX card (I currently have 3 computers using the GeForce) The card I install into the PCI slot “will not start” at least that is what XP tells me. I know that the windows XP OS or any other windows operating system for that mater are not the most accurate or descriptive with their warnings, so I Google searched for a few hours and only came to the conclusion that a hand full of other people have the same problem and never found a solution. I looked over the list of previously asked questions and I am still drawing a blank. My drivers for the NVIDIA GeForce 2MX are fully updated and for the others… they are quite antiquated but I have all the latest drivers I could find. I tried all the drivers I could find on the old cards and nothing worked. I would rather not buy a new set of graphics cards I am short on cash and I didn’t pay for the computer in the first place. If there is any thing ANY one can do to help I would appreciate it. Thank you very much for any assistance you may render. I will attach two images that show the device properties.

additional information…

- Dell dimensions 1.1Ghz, 512Mb RAM, Windows XP PRO.
- No Spy Ware, virus’s extra.
- Does not connect to the internet often. I have another computer for that.
- Creative Sound Blaster Live, D-Link DFE-530TX+, Generic USB 2.0 5 port PCI
Closed Thread