nv4disp display problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iasthaai

Beta member
I have a Dell Inspiron which I want to get rid of; however, I don't have enough money to buy a new laptop or PC, so I don't want that to be the solution to my problem:

ISSUE: My GeForce4 440 Mobile 32Mb video card on my Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop keeps cutting out. What happens is at the hint of any movement or pressure on the keyboard/frame of the laptop, vertical/horizontal lines decorate my LCD and the screen freezes.

Sometimes the video card stops working all together and my computer's inherent VGA video display kicks in allowing only 4bits of color and horrible resolution. I have opened my laptop before to clean it out. I did this very carefully and my laptop was fine afterwards for an entire year.

After dealing with the above problem, I opened my laptop again to check out the video card. It looked a little dusty underneath the protective plastic covering, and thus I removed that. It seemed to help for a day, and now it's back to what it was doing before.

I did update the BIOS and drivers awhile back, but this hadn't really initially done anything to the computer.

Any reasons why this might be happening? Any suggestions on how to fix this? How much is a cost for repairing a laptop at a 3rd party place? (Not Dell)
:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom