NTVDM HUGE chain of problems - NEED HELP IMMEDIATELY

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulRaiderX

Baseband Member
OK so I ran my scheduled virus scan, then went to sleep. I wake up the next morning, turn on my PC and find an error message on the screen, telling me that NTVDM could not be found, press any key to restart. By pressing any key, the message would just repeat itself on the next line.
So I go on Google on my Wii Browser and look up the problem. Apparently my virus scanner deleted an infected file (NTVDM) and now my PC won't start. I would either have to make a boot diskette, which I realized wouldn't work due to the fact that my PC doesn't have a floppy disk drive, or find my Windows XP Boot Disk.
So I look around the house for awhile, only to conclude that I could not find my Windows XP Boot Disk. I call my friend and ask him if he has a Windows XP Professional CD, and to my surprise, he does. So he lends it to me, I start up the setup of it in DOS mode, and I select to repair the C: (or reinstall it, but not reformat it). I recieve a message telling me that it can't repair it and for me to select another drive, so I select my other part of my harddrive, the D:, which is just a partitioned part.
Apparently, it installed Windows XP Professional onto that part of that harddrive. Now it's asking me for my CD Key, which I cannot find, so I have only 30 days before this Windows XP expires. On top of that, I cannot access my original C:, but only my D:, which is now known as my C:. Unfortunately, all my work is saved on my other part of the drive.
So now, I have one Windows XP Professional installed on my C:, which I can't access at all, another installed on my D:, which I can access, and I will be losing the XP Pro on the D: in 30 days due to the fact that I don't have a proper CD Key.

Can I please get some help?!
I also heard that EISA Configuration can restore your original OS. If this is so, how do you restore it?

First what kind of PC do you have?
If it is a Dell, Gateway, Hp, compaq etc. they come with system restore disc's that contain all the info to reimage your PC.
If they diddn't come with them (like new IBM's) they usually have a program on there where you can burn a restore disc.

So what kind of Pc is it?
Do you have restore discs?
Where is your windows XP cd's?
Using your friends ain't gonna work and you won't get much help since putting a legit copy of XP on 2 PC's is illegal.

My PC is an Acer. The eRecovery software is, unfortunately, locked away on C1, the C: I can't access anymore. My XP CDs are missing, and I spent hours last night looking for them, but I could not find them. I did not recieve any restore discs with my PC.

option 1. Take hdd drive to friends house and try it. See if you have enough left on that partition to make restore disc's.

option 2. Call the place where you got your PC. Or call ACER(they have a website you can get number) and see if you can get a set of disc's.

option 3. Buy new Win XP disc and install.

option 4. Put in buddy's disk and reformat but not install on partition you ju7st put install on. This will get rid of your new partition and return your pc back to where you were. You could try a repair again. Maybe you missed something.

OR wait and see if anybody else got a better idea.

Also EISA is in reference to the system bus on your mobo don't think you can do a system restore with that.

Goodluck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom