ntoskrnl.exe missing or corrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

reveille

Beta member
ok...ill describe the problem the best i can.

I did a quick format about 3 days ago and when it completes and my computer reboots i get an error saying that the ntoskrnl.exe file is missing or corrupt. I have tried inserting a Windows XP disc and booting but i keep getting same error. then i try booting from a restore cd and it completes but then i get a BSOD which says theres a Bad Image Checksum on a file called url.dll or something.

And one night (Saturday to be precise) I saw a program called Ultimate Boot CD would this help my problem?

Reformat everything again, this time doing the Full Reformat. The Quick reformat might have left some data laying around which makes it look like it's missing. Remember to delete your whole partition.

i cant reformat it again...when i bootup it goes right to the error about the ntoskrnl.exe file.

i've even tried a restore cd that i have but i get a BSOD error that ill state when I can.

BSOD in FULL.

STOP: c0000221 {Bad Image Checksum}
The image url.dll is possibly corrupt. The header checksum does not match the computed checksum.

Remember this is the BSOD i get from the restore cd.

This thread can be closed...I got the problem fixed and my computer is working again in fact this post is being typed on my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom