ntldr missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry18

Daemon Poster
ok, so after i took my comp aprt to do msome cable mangement, when i put it together i get the message 'ntldr is missing, press ctrl alt delete'

so the setup is OS on a 10k 74gb, sata, and files and stuff on a 7.2k 120gb ide, so they got different cables, well after fiddleing about with cables and the bios i got to boot with out the message, but after doing some OCing i get the message again, and i havnt been able to get rid of it since, the boot order is right, all the cables are fine, whre do i find my password for the recovery thing?

any ideas, thanks?

you could try a repair-install of Windows. boot from the XP disk, press enter at the first screen, press F8, then after it says "searching for previous versions of Microsoft Windows" press r
it will then go through the install process, but it will not change any of your settings, it will just reinstall the core OS components

well i am going to try this, right now i am reformatin the hd which dosnt have the os on, but i will try repair after that, the prob is it wants the admin password, i dont have one, i didnt create one, how would i get it?

well im reformating the 120gb hdd, which just has files, ki plan on repairing the 74gb hdd which has the os, thats ok right?

well, i couldnt repair, so i reformated and had to re-install the os, im scared of connecting up my other hd, icase it does the same again, tell me if i had to reformat the os hdd, does that mean the the mtldr was actully missing?, it wasnt that the ide cable wasnt properly inserted or something?

'ntldr is missing, press ctrl alt delete' that doesn't nessesarily mean that Ntldr is missing, it might have been corrupted. Ntldr is a boot loader program for the operating system. When this happens u repair the hdd that has the operating system. here is a link that might be helpful next time Repair XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom