ntldr missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michowski

In Runtime
Im working on my buds computer again. He has this error that says ntldr is missing. He had this problem a few months ago and we ended up getting him a new hard drive because the sectors were bad. Now all the sudden he has this error again and another possible bad drive (havent scanned it yet to find out). What could be the cause of this error to keep comming back even after installing a new drive? Works fine for a few months then bam its back.

I had this issue before. And it was because of a loose IDE cable. So check that the connection is secure. It could also be that the jumper pin of the hard drive, is not set to master. So check that too.

Is there a floppy disk, or in your cd/dvd drives? if not try this. Boot up with the XP CD in the drive and go to the Recovery Console. At the command prompt type: bootcfg /rebuild and post back any results. also check out this link for possible causes, and solutions.
NTLDR is missing good luck

It was a brand new drive upgraded to sata since it had that option. Brand new cables. No floppy, drives empty. Il try what you suggested wverb.

Well messed around with it a little bit. It didnt find the hard drive. I plugged the drive into another computer and it popped right up. I think this motherboard is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom